- Hook- 1X Long saltwater hook - size 1-2 (pinch down barb)
- Thread- White 210 denier
- Eyes- medium black bead chain
- Tail- Supreme hair- white with a few strands of Krystal flash- silver
- Wing- Marabou blood quills all white or 2 white and 1 tan in the middle (3 feathers)
- Body- thread wraps over tail materials
Collar- EP tarantula hairy legs, 1" long brush, white
- Substitute mono eyes for bead chain. However, the EP fibers float, and the minimal weight of the bead chain allows the fly to suspend. Mono eyes hold fly at/ near surface.
- Substitute one chartreuse marabou plume for the center white plume.
- Substitute olive pearl Krystal flash for silver.
Last night I copied the fly, made a few alterations, and renamed it the Paulster. I have high expectations that this rendition will make the Squibbster a distant memory for the local crowd!